Monday, June 02, 2008

Pat Powers for SD State Senate

PP probably doesn't want to be endorsed by a liberal who just registered with the Democratic Party, but I'm going to do it anyway.

As I've been following the South Dakota blogosphere for the last couple years, there have been a couple people who have stuck out to me as representing what South Dakota is all about. Pat Powers is one of those people. I always enjoy reading his views about issues that are important to South Dakota. I don't always agree with Pat, but you can see that he really cares about what goes on in this state.

There are some issues I agree with PP on, like open government and fiscal responsibility. I see that those issues are ones he's focused on in his campaign. Also, and this is most important, he cares. Reading his posts at SDWC, I can see that he cares deeply about helping people. One of the best examples I found was discussing South Dakota's restitution system. He's had personal experience with the problems in that system and wants to fix it so no one else will have those same problems.

Unfortunately, I don't live in his district nor am I a Republican. But I pray that those who can will vote for Pat Powers tomorrow and also in November.

No comments: