Monday, March 27, 2006

Hero of the Week: Petition Volunteers

I'm starting a new feature called the Hero of the Week (well, that's the title for now). I wanted to spotlight a person or persons who I think is doing good for South Dakota.

My first Hero of the Week is a general shout-out to all the volunteers around South Dakota who are out getting signatures on the petition to put the abortion ban on the ballot. There are a bunch of people doing a tough job and I salute them.

Specifically, I want to salute Jessi Perkins. KELOland news followed her as she went door-to-door asking people the sign the petition. The people they showed were generally nice to Jessi, even if they didn't want to sign.

So thank you, Jessi and all of the volunteers, for the good work you're doing for South Dakota!

No comments: