Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Matthew Antonitis

While the votes are being tallied up, I just wanted to take a second and talk about Matthew Antonitis.

I know he's only 19 and he showed a lack of experience in some of his comments (like in this article), but I like him. What I like about him is the commercials he did. They were hilarious!

They were on really late at night because I'm sure that time slot is really cheap for buying commercials. I even saw one of his commercials on during Saturday Night Live. That might not have been a bad strategy (especially to get younger voters) if it would've been combined with some commercials on during regular day-light hours.

But the commercials themselves were the interesting part. It was mostly a video of him standing in front of a blue-ish background. Then they would cut away to nothing and put a word or phrase on the screen, like "Crime." Then Matthew would come back on and say a sweeping generalization like "I'm against it." That formula repeated three or four times and that was the commercial.

I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw it.

I really hope he runs again in a couple years. Sometimes, elections need to be a little more fun.

No comments: